How to enter
The Women’s Prize for Playwriting is open to writers who are:
- female or non-binary
- aged sixteen or older
- resident in the UK, Republic of Ireland or in a British Overseas Territory, or have a British Forces Post Office address.
Submitted scripts must:
- be written in English
- be written for stage
- be an original work (i.e. not an adaptation)
- last an hour or more in playing time
- not have been professionally produced (i.e. no more than five ticketed performances, and no professional reviews)
- not have received any other prizes or awards.
Submitted scripts may be:
- any cast size
- any genre and style, except musicals (though plays which contain songs are eligible)
- own all copyright relating to the script
- submit only one script
- include their name(s) and contact details on the first page of the script.